We featured FKA twigs’ (the artist formerly knowns as Twigs) hauntingly beautiful “How’s That” a while back, describing her music as a strange mixture of minimalistic techno and arty rhythm & blues; not entirely unlike an ingenious morph between Aphex Twin and Jessie Ware. On “Water Me”, she further expands on her meditative future-pop, with an even scarcer texture, while she reveals a fragile intimacy and vulnerability; as if her robotic guise suddenly grown emotions. With her two latest offerings, as well as last year’s debut, she has created something solely unique; a soulful minimalism that is creative yet highly approachable. Combine it with her immaculate sense of spellbinding visuals, and you get an artist in the truest sense of the word.
“Water Me” is a combined effort with producer Arca – most prominently known for his &&&& mixtape and creative work on Kanye’s Yeezus. The track will be featured on her forthcoming sophomore EP, fittingly titled EP2. Out via Young Turks, September 9th.
1. How’s That
2. Water Me
3. Papi Pacify
- FKA twigs – “Water Me” Video (stereogum.com)
- FKA Twigs – Water Me (cestnonunblog.com)
- Experimental: FKA Twigs “Water Me” (concretisation.com)
- FKA Twigs (rockpack.com)
- Video: FKA Twigs, “Water Me” (thefader.com)
- FKA TWIGS – water me (andrewpirie.wordpress.com)
- Look at Her Face. Listen to Her Voice. Angels. (girlsgirlsmoney.wordpress.com)